Agile Train the Trainer
About this Course
This 3-day Agile Train the Trainer course will help you develop and improve your effectiveness as a classroom trainer.
"After 3-days with Dan as my training coach, I took my career to the next level"
Led by Agile experts and training professionals this course will improve your overall effectiveness as an Agile trainer. Whether you provide training as part of an existing role, or if you are a professional trainer, it’s vital to understand best practices for training content, design and delivery.
Who attends our Train the Trainer courses?
- Trainers who want to improve their skills in front of the classroom.
- Agile coaches or experts who would like to become professional trainers.
- Those with a role that involves some element of training. This could include Coaches, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, HR and L&D professionals, those whose role is to help implement Agile in their organization.
- SAFe® SPCs who have become enabled to deliver training but have never received formal training and feedback on delivering training in a classroom environment.
Practical learning will give you the opportunity to develop your own style and improve your technique for delivering training. You’ll receive helpful advice and guidance from experienced trainers, and get a sense of how you deliver training in a positive learning environment.
This training will help you:
- Identify training needs successfully.
- Be organized and fully prepared for training delivery.
- Be ready to change and adapt and think on your feet.
- Have confidence speaking in public.
- Design effective and engaging training programs.
- Be able to handle difficult situations and complex group dynamics.
- Be engaging.
- Be patient.
- Practice good time management.
- Evaluate the outcome of training programs.
- Deliver Agile content in a meaningful and interactive manner
Day 1: Training Effectiveness
- Defining a Successful Training Program
- Education versus Training versus Coaching
- What Makes a Successful Trainer?
- A Word About Adult Learning
- Principles of Adult Learning
- Applying the Learning Cycle
Day 2: Teachbacks, Feedback, and Coaching
- Setting the Climate
- Presentation and Facilitation Skills
- Dealing with Difficult Trainees
- Training Presentations with Feedback
- Designing Evaluations
Day 3: Advanced techniques for Agile audiences
- Effective Agile Games and Icebreakers that dramatically improve active learning
- Exercises, content and Agile anecdotes to expand on core Scrum and Agile content
- Full course outline and instructor guide review of our core Agile training to deliver to your organization or your own clients.
- Also, additional opportunity for 1-on-1 feedback from Day 2
BONUS: All participants get access to customizable slides, exercises, and workbooks for Cape Project Management's most popular course: Agile Project Management with Scrum . This normally $3,000 license fee is free for you if you attend! With this content you can deliver your own Agile classes, either internally to your organization or as a paid offering to clients. You will also receive a discount to our certification practice exams.
Optional course lunch-time breakout sessions:
- Practical advice on how to start an Agile training company
- Tips for teaching SAFe® case studies for public audiences
- Tools and techniques to deliver online learning classes