The Five Dysfunctions of a Team
Duration: 2 days
Who should attend?
- Team Members
- Functional Managers
- Project Managers, Program Managers
- Anyone — we all work in teams and all teams have dysfunctions. Come and learn the pitfalls and success strategies of teams, identify where you team is and identify how to help move teams from dysfunction to success
About the course:
Based off Patrick Lencioni’s best-selling book, Five Dysfunctions of a Team, this course identifies common struggles of teams and how to resolve them. Learners will be exposed to Lencioni’s model for high performing, cohesive teams and work in class to identify areas needing improvement and strategies for starting healthy team conversations.
- Learn the skills, disciplines and requirements for leading a high performing team
- Identify the root cause of politics and dysfunctions within teams and keys to overcome them
- Discuss how to introduce these concepts to your teams
|Introduction, Roles & Expectations; Leaders Kickoff|
|The Five Dysfunctions Model|
|Debriefing the Team Assessment|
|Building Trust & MBTI|
|Focusing on Results|
|Conclusion & Next Steps|
About the Instructor: John Nguyen
John has over 15 years of successful, progressive experience leading high-performing teams. He is a top corporate trainer and certified coach. He specializes in training managers and developing healthy, high-performing teams.He is well-versed in program-managing dynamic, new product offerings, and product development—from establishing and documenting requirements through to launch, including positioning, value proposition definition, and competitive analysis. Wide-ranging technical background, preternatural understanding of Agile / Scrum and strong business smarts. He has first-rate interpersonal skills: consistently fosters self-managing teams, healthier work environments—and happier customers.