Waterfall is not always bad
Waterfall is not always bad! Some projects are inherently phased-based. One recent example was a vendor selection project that I was asked to assess. It was being mismanaged using Scrum. I could list a hundred different examples like that.
Can you still be "agile?" Yes!
- You can still meet everyday
- You can still have a backlog
- You can still have a Product Owner (and you should)
- You can still have a servant leader
- You can still have rolling wave planning
- and more...
Don't assume that a project can't be both waterfall and agile.