Value Stream Mapping
About this Event
This 1-day workshop will provide participants with a working knowledge of lean value stream mapping and with the understanding to be able to perform these activities with customers or clients.
- Understand the benefits of Value Stream Mapping
- Learn Value Stream Mapping techniques
- Practice Value Stream Mapping
- What Is the Value Stream?
- What Is Value Stream Mapping (VSM)?
- How Do We VSM?
- Value Stream Mapping Approach:
- Define Product or Product Family
- Determine Focus of VSM
- Go to Gemba (Walk the Process)
- Define the Basic Value Stream - Flowcharting
- Add SME Specific Details
- Create Current State VSM
- Identify Wastes
- Define Improvements
- Create Future State Value Stream Map
- Create Prioritized Implementation Roadmap
- Value Stream Mapping Case Study and Exercise
- Techniques for Executing the VSM Recommendations
- DMAIC: Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control
- Agile Techniques (Scrum/Kanban)
- SAFe Techniques (Agile Release Trains)
Note: This course can be purchased with access to a VSM certification.