Value Stream Mapping
About this Event
This 1-day workshop will provide participants with a working knowledge of lean value stream mapping and with the understanding to be able to perform these activities with customers or clients.
- Understand the benefits of Value Stream Mapping
- Learn Value Stream Mapping techniques
- Practice Value Stream Mapping
- What Is the Value Stream?
- What Is Value Stream Mapping (VSM)?
- How Do We VSM?
- Value Stream Mapping Approach:
- Define Product or Product Family
- Determine Focus of VSM
- Go to Gemba (Walk the Process)
- Define the Basic Value Stream - Flowcharting
- Add SME Specific Details
- Create Current State VSM
- Identify Wastes
- Define Improvements
- Create Future State Value Stream Map
- Create Prioritized Implementation Roadmap
- Value Stream Mapping Case Study and Exercise
- Techniques for Executing the VSM Recommendations
- DMAIC: Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control
- Agile Techniques (Scrum/Kanban)
- SAFe Techniques (Agile Release Trains)
Note: This course can be purchased with access to a VSM certification.
About the Instructor, Dan Tousignant, PMP, PMI-ACP, SPC, CSPO
Dan has been leading software development projects for 20 years. He was first formally introduced to Agile via a Scrum Implementation in 2000 and has since adopted the Agile Manifesto values and principles when leading software development projects.
Dan has experience providing world class project management for strategic projects, direct P& L experience managing up to 50 million dollar software development project budgets, experience managing multi-million dollar outsourced software development efforts and strong, demonstrated, results-driven leadership skills including ability to communicate a clear vision, build strong teams, and drive necessary change within organizations. With extensive experience providing coaching and training across industries and the ability to manage relationships at the executive level, Dan knows what it takes to succeed.
Dan holds a Bachelor of Science majoring in Industrial Engineering from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst and is a Certified Project Management Professional, Professional Scrum Master, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner, Certified Scrum Product Owner, and Certified Professional Scrum Developer.